Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm Starting To Believe

The stars, the moon...they are not eternal. There will never be a forever because nothing can escape entropy. There will come a time when the sky will be black on black, there we be not a single star to break the impregnable veil of nothingness. We will lose something that cannot be made right again through no fault of our own other than our inability to reverse this terrible entropy. But how strangely wonderful would it be to gaze upon the very last light of the universe? To know that you are not some immeasurably small creature anymore, that you are the final sentient being to look upon light?

There is no forever. There never will be. All there is, is now. Stop living each day as if you are just buying time for some better future because there is no future. Everything has a finite end so live with the knowledge that this is your one chance to truly experience what it is to be conscience. We are this worlds first creatures that have ascended to levels that allow us to perceive our place in the universe and our inevitable end. Don't waste it on superfluous trivialities.

I am not the house I live in, nor the clothes I wear.
I am not the job I work or the car I drive.
What we are is far more.
We are the universes way of explaining itself.

1 comment:

  1. It is thinking like this that gets people to start cults. If you are starting a cult let me know, I would drink kool aid with you Mr. Carrothers.

    ReplyDelete