Monday, April 12, 2010

To Find My Home

I have fallen prey to a strange thought that will not leave my mind. We returned yesterday from the Mountains and while it was amazing (I will post pictures later) I was definitely ready to leave the woods. However, now that I've returned I can't help but feel like I made a terrible mistake in coming back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy to see friends and loved ones again but this world that we are all a part of can just be so...hurried.

Not one minute I'm back and I am already running all across Nashville to meet friends and be on time to events. Nice to have things to do but the juxtaposition of the wilderness to civilization can be daunting.

Here is the real wake up call. One day after I leave the woods I am thrown into the bureaucracy of government and trying to figure out all the steps I need to take, what order to do them, what forms I need, how many unique samples of I.D. they require and how much money it will all cost to process.

We live in a world of paper work in triplicate and if you don't have 3-5 government issued forms of i.d. you are not who you say you are. Gone are the days of trust and honesty.

But hey I ate a hamburger today and will go buy a video game to take my mind off of all this so everything's fine right?

Just to clarify, I have a fantastic life. I do not plan on running away to the woods. This was just a post for me to vent about how much I hate government complexities.

No comments:

Post a Comment