Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To nature I return

A primal desire has surfaced its face, it calls for a return to nature.

I have stayed in my controlled environment too long and must indulge this feral feeling to be amongst the wild once more! For man's heart away from nature becomes hard.

I truly believe that now, more than ever, mankind has created a self-imposed disconnect from our birthplace. We have turned our back on origin to further the gap between us and the animal, to make us forget that we do belong and are not unique or alien.

But I digress.

I am simply excited to spend three days in the deep woods of the Smoky Mountains. We are upping the stakes a little this time as well. To test our skills we have decided to only bring flint. This means if we cannot start our fire, we will not eat! The nights will be cold without a fire! I have confidence in our skills though!

Either way I'm not worried, all three of us could deal with missing a couple of meals!

I love man not less, but nature more.
-George Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment